Method. For preparing vendakka thoran, first heat oil in pan. Once the dal becomes golden brown add the onions. August 27, 2012 at 10:31 am . I have tried this during my initial days of blogging from … Thank u soo much for ur chicken biryani recipe.. Grated coconut – ½ cup. Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4, Ladies finger | vendakkai   3 cups (thinly sliced) May 18, 2013 - This is a common easy side dish which goes with rice or chappathy. In a pan add oil and add the mustard seeds and urad dal. The ingredient that I use the most – “love!”. Vendakkai thoran is ready to serve. Adding egg to Vendakka curry is new to me, may be I can try it sometime :) Cheers Maria. Instead of red chili powder red chilis can be used. 3.     Coconut  2-3 tblsp Thoran is included in Onam sadya Menu. The dish is prepared from readily available ingredients. coconut, turmeric powder, salt and mix well. So here is the recipe for Vendakka (okra) Thoran.Ingredients Okra(cube… September 1, 2012 at 4:25 pm . Heat oil in a pan or a kadai. We prefer to have a simple and healthy side dish for lunch or dinner. Copyright © document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) All Rights Reserved, Vendakkai thoran, is a simple curry from the Kerala cuisine. Add the vendakka mix and mix well. Vendakka Thoran with coconut / Okra or Lady's finger stir fry Turmeric powder – ½ tsp. MIL's Vendakka Thoran. Splutter mustard seeds and fry curry leaves. We make Vendakkai curry regularly at home but thoran is made with the addition of coconut and onions.     Mustard seeds   1/4 tsp Allow it to splutter and add chopped garlic, onion and curry leaves. Grated Coconut – ½ cup Green chilli... 1. Using a kitchen towel or paper towels,wipe each okra to dry completely ( imp: this is an important step when making thoran/stir fry else the vendakka tends to leave stickiness). (Make sure you stir it every 2 to 3 minutes to avoid burning.) We make. Green chili – 2 . Salt – to taste. Ladies Finger(Vendakka) Thoran.     Red chili powder  3/4 tsp Oil – 1 tbsp. My grandmother and mother were clearly my inspiration to ignite the love of cooking in me! Vendakka Thoran/Okra Stir Fry is a simple Kerala style stir-fry cooked in a typical Nadan style. Steps: Wash and wipe each ladies finger dry before cutting into small pieces. Now you might have guessed why this recipe is here. It is a typical preparation of Kerala using coconut and shallots. Egg-beetroot thoran or stir fry would be a delicious side with rice. You can have this with plain rice and sambar or rasam or any other. veena. beetroot.     Coconut oil   1 -2 tblsp The aroma of okra with green chilies, coconut, and onion is really something! Vendakkai thoran, is a simple curry from the Kerala cuisine. Ladies finger-egg thoran / Vendakka-mutta thoran Ladies finger / Vendakka – 15 . Reply. Most activities revolved around the kitchen and I was awestruck by my grandmother and mother’s never ending dedication to cooking.They were endlessly cooking great variety and tasty dishes everyday and for very occasion. Discover (and save!) Thoran is included in Onam sadya Menu. Immediately add vendakka /okra and mix well.Cook over medium low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.Now add salt to taste.Sprinkle some water ,cover and cook until it is done. Add the thinly sliced ladies finger to this. In my childhood days I was always told that “the kitchen is the heart of the home”. Thinly slice the ladies finger and keep it aside. Saute it till it turns light brown and add chilly and turmeric pdr. It is very easy to make and requires few ingredients. Ladies finger-egg thoran / Vendakka-mutta thoran, Lady finger – tomato curry / Vendakka thakkali curry, Vendakka mappas / Lady finger in coconut milk. Add salt when the ladies finger is half done. When I was a kid, I loved this thoran, which had a wonderful flavor and tasted so good. May 10, 2016 - This Pin was discovered by ooonuready.com. She puts coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala while okra is cooking. Ladies finger | vendakkai   3 cups (thinly sliced), Vazhakkai curry | raw banana curry recipe | no onion no garlic recipes, Cauliflower Poriyal recipe | cauliflower recipes, Beans aloo sabzi recipe | Punjabi aloo beans sabzi, Brinjal curry | kathrikkai curry | eggplant stir fry recipe, Baby corn stir fry | easy baby corn stir fry, Microwave carrot poriyal recipe | indian microwave recipes, Gobi mutter dry recipe | cauliflower peas curry, Potato podimas recipe | no onion no garlic recipe. Egg – 2 Tomato – ½ of a medium sized Onion – 1 medium (Finely chopped) Garlic – 4 (Chopped) Ginger – 1 small piece (Crushed) Curry leaves Green chilly – 2 or 3 (Chopped) Turmeric powder – ½ tsp Red chilly powder – 1½ tbsp Garam masala Salt Oil.
Mangrove Fish Species, Eucalyptus Globulus Uses, Uml State Diagram Online, 61-key Fully Weighted Keyboard, Leawood, Kansas Population,