34" or 35" tires, this gearing ratio is the optimal gearing needed to avoid gear searching and the dreaded hill climbing with lack of power! The Tacoma has a very tall overdrive in 5th AND 6th gear to turn low RPMS. The new 3.5l V6 makes plenty of horsepower, but needs to reach it's power band. Countless people throughout the internet have regretted doing 4.88s as opposed to the 5.29s. Would 5.29 be the right option for me? This simply does not work. This is the only way to properly compensate for inadequate factory gearing and the increase in tire diameter. Many thanks for tossing the info into the ether. Calling my local shop to have the 5.29’s orderd and installed as soon as they can. Example. When Carl Montoya founded Nitro Gear & Axle in 2008 his goal was to provide gears for vehicle applications that, at the time, weren’t available. Customer is responsible for shipping charges if warranty is granted. There is nothing necessarily wrong with the gears but some might disagree. In a STOCK Tacoma Automatic 6th gear puts you at ~1500 RPM @ 60MPH. We also know our overland community loves the rooftop tents, and those are not light or aerodynamic by any means. Rear Chromoly Axles - Warrantied against manufacturing defects for 5 years. As far as warranties go, I would call your local dealer and double check on that. On the initial run of your truck getting new gears in, you are only supposed to drive for about 15-20 minutes, no more than 50 miles. It is a very long one, especially if your truck is a daily driver. Just bought a 2020 and threw on a 3” leveling system and 33’s. Definitely important to give you back acceleration, power and MPGs. One click away. Even with stock tires we have found the 6th gear is nearly useless, the gearing is so high that the transmission is constantly shifting. 3rd Gen Tacoma Nitro Gear Package: Check Price; Shortcomings of the OEM Gear Ratio. If you pair that with labor you could be looking at spending almost $3,000. I drive a long bed on 33s, I have sliders, light bed rack, tonneau cover and occasionally throw on a rtt. Front ring & pinion Category: Toyota Gear Packages. The transmission on this truck is a different thing. RPM Figures are similar for Overseas Hilux Revo. If anybody is thinking about re-gearing their 3rd Gen, do it! The last reason that made me go with the 5.29s over 4.88s was seeing people with 4.88s say they wish that 5.29s were available when they did their regear. Nitro is great about talking with customers as well, reach out to them directly! To make it easier for everyone the experts at Nitro are introducing an industry first- “Gear Packages" for many popular 4x4 Fits. So needless to say, the weight adds up FAST causing even more load on drivetrain. The new 3.5l V6 makes plenty of horsepower, but needs to reach it's power band. The Tacoma has a very tall overdrive in 5th AND 6th gear to turn low RPMS. Is it also recommended to not use OD towing? Warranty requests must be made by the original purchaser and submitted by the dealer purchased from. Nitro Gear Package for 16+ Toyota Tacoma is one of Nitro’s biggest sellers because these trucks need regeared. The Shaft / joint must be BROKEN. Nitro Gear Toyota 8" V6 Ring and Pinion 29 Spline; THIS IS A TRUE V6 GEAR 29 SPLINE NOT A 4CYL GEAR WITH A SPACER. They strive to create strong, durable and quiet parts. 488 Nitro Gear install for a 99 Tacoma e-locker . Great read! The first one is cost. -Solid Preload spacer replaces stock type crush sleeve improving bearing preload retention, eliminating possible crush sleeve damage if the yoke is impacted offroad and allows the pinion seal to be serviced without complete disassembly of the differential to replace a crush sleeve and reset pinion bearing preload. Also ideal for 4 cylinder trucks), Stock 2019 Tacoma TRD Offroad w/ Auto Trans: This is one of the most important modifications you can make to your late model Tacoma whether on a stock truck, or especially when running oversized tire. Alex, you can absolutely put them on a stock Tacoma. Unauthorized warranty returns may be refused. This is simply not the case. So I bought a front clam shell and third member for my 2017 Tacoma OR AT with OME 2.5” lift and 33” tires from ECGS geared with Nitro 5.29. Featured Vehicle: Nitro Gear & Axle’s Toyota Tacoma. There a ton YouTube videos and a giant thread on here somewhere that go over the 3rd gen Tacoma and why a … I would recommend this mod to anyone that has been debating it. You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! Chromoly front Axles, Excalibur Joints, 30/30 Birfield kits - Warrantied against manufacturing defects for the life of the vehicle. Personally, I dislike nitro, and those are my alternatives. Wouldn’t want to go 4.88s and wished you had gone 5.29s after adding tires, armor, etc. Copyright 2021 Trail Tacoma © Front Street Media | Published in Northern California, replace their stock gearing on stock tires with 4.88s, having two overdrive gears, kind of sucks. Much more highway rpm, but a very wide and long first gear. I’m assuming they’ve improved the shift points a bit – but we still downshift at what should be an easy climb for this engine. If you are on the east coast, I am sure there are plenty of shops to go to, but I chose East Coast Gear Supply. Let us know! This is our only warranty expressed or implied. I don’t mind towing it, but I’m curious if I should regear and if it will benefit the towing aspect at all. I frequently camp with my travel trailer which is roughly 4500-5000 pounds and all my tools in the bed of the truck as well. Two things stand out here as potential drawbacks. Worn, twisted, or bent axles are not warrantable. So, to say that I needed a regear was an understatement. At 75 mph I am running 2,300 rpm. The Tacoma has a very tall overdrive in 5th AND 6th gear to turn low RPMS. NITRO Gears are the first available to make it possible to restore power and economy lost by larger tires. This will improve Economy, Performance, and shifting. In a STOCK Tacoma Automatic 6th gear puts you at ~1500 RPM @ 60MPH. Warranty determinations are at our sole discretion. Nitro gears are among the best in the industry. A 3rd generation Tacoma V6 Automatic Transmission comes from the factory with a gear ratio of 3.909, and the manual transmission comes with a 4.30 gear ratio. I don’t plan to upsize from stock right now but I do plan to tow a camper with it and possibly add some bumpers/armor to it which will add some weight. I’m not sure which components they would want to remove from your warranty if they opted to do so. Nitro Lunch Box Locker - Automatic Locking Differential Fits: 1993-1998 Toyota T-100 2000-2006 Toyota Tundra Pickup 2001-2007 Toyota Sequoia 1995-2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 (Not for use on TRD Models) 2001-2004 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner 2005-2009 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner **PROMO PACK** 1 FREE NITRO STICKER. They are usually very helpful. can you place 5.29 gears on a stock tacoma? Drop Spacer Kit. Nitro Gears | Toyota '16-Current Toyota Tacoma W/8.75 Inch Rear 5.29 Ratio Front and Rear Gear Package Kit PRICE: $1,447.95 You may not realize it, but you probably are hardly ever in 6th gear unless you are almost going downhill. Built to tackle any terrain en route to adventure. This is the only way to properly compensate for inadequate factory gearing and the increase in tire diameter. We've already provided gears for hundreds of the 2016+ Tacoma, with excellent feedback and reports of … Because these trucks need to be regeared. Which is way better than stock at 3,500 rpm when going up hills. We recently fitted the first stet to the XOVERLAND.COM 2016 Tacoma,… By re-gearing your diffs with a Nitro Gear Package you can restore performance and economy by optimizing the RPM range your engine runs at. A 3rd generation Tacoma V6 Automatic Transmission comes from the factory with a gear ratio of 3.909, and the manual transmission comes with a 4.30 gear ratio. This will improve Economy, Performance, and shifting. Take it or leave it. Curious if it’s going to lead to screaming HWY rpms… thoughts? We often hear people are worried they will turn high rpm’s if they regear. Why? I have not been able to find the answer to this anywhere myself and I believe I already know the answer based on what I’ve read and this article. These extra steps ensure excellent fitment, ideal contact pattern and smooth, quiet operation. Each time they design a new product, it is put through a series of multi-point inspections. I would just keep your future build in mind when ordering gears though. By regearing you can bring the motor back to the RPM it needs to be. After adding larger tires and wheels, most people proceed to add bumpers in the front and rear, a bed rack and a roof rack. Nitro Gear Package for 16+ Toyota Tacoma is one of Nitro’s biggest sellers. 2 years from date of purchase. This is to let the differential cool down completely. And yes, even if you have a diesel, you will still benefit from the gearing. Contact us if you have any build questions. This upgrade will truly wake up your Tacoma and take it to the next level! The Tacoma has a very tall overdrive in 5th AND 6th gear to turn low RPMS. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. The reasoning behind it is if you ever plan to move up to 35’s or if you add ANY form of extra weight to the truck, you will want that extra low end power. We at Nitro Gear & Axle realize the difficulty for the average consumer or install shop to compile the list of parts and prices required when doing a gear change. Dylan, I would suggest doing 5.29’s even with your 285s. A new Tacoma is 14.1:1 and 2.26:1. See the below examples: It causes the truck to want to ride around in third and fourth gear constantly. It handles the inclines and hills with ease. Warranty covers one replacement or credit solely at our discretion. From my initial 11 MPG, I jumped up to around 14/16, depending on the situation. They are known for using the best quality materials, focusing on dependability and are always growing to accommodate the needs of their customers. Love your wheel and tire configuration. Rear Master Install Kit including upgraded solid pre-load spacer. The second issue is the break-in period. The Tacoma has a very tall overdrive in 5th AND 6th gear to turn low RPMS. From everyone I spoke with who had installed 4.88s, all of them wished they had made the jump into 5.29s instead. thanks. The kits assembled by Nitro Gear and Axle only use the highest quality bearings available from Timken and Koyo. You would have a much better time towing and moving that armor if you do plan on regearing, even with stock size tires. Some owners replace their stock gearing on stock tires with 4.88s. For reference, our stock first gear is the equivalent of a 2nd Gen Tacoma on 4.56 gears. The stock gearing is not the end of the world if you do not mind driving in third or fourth gear all the time. I had the Harrop/master kit/456 Nitro gears waiting on the bench. I was a little weary because of how high the RPMs would be on the highway. There was a fairly decent increase in MPG too. The new 3.5l V6 makes plenty of horsepower, but needs to reach it's power band. Hello, visitor! The new 3.5L V6 makes plenty of horsepower but needs to reach its power band. By using better materials, better machining and better lapping and heat treating processes, Nitro can ensure a strong, quiet-running, long-lasting setup. Remember, the Auto trans has a double overdrive. An older Colorado with a 3.73 gear was a meager 11.4:1 and 2.61:1. This is the only way to properly compensate for inadequate factory gearing and the increase in tire diameter. ), Click here for Models w/ 8.75 Rear (TRD Offroad, TRD Pro, and all Manual Trans), Click here for Models w/ 8” Rear (Automatic TRD Sport, Sr5, LTD), 80W-140 Nitro Para-Synthetic Plus Gear Oil, GL5 (12 quart-Case), 80W-140 Nitro Para-Synthetic Plus Gear Oil, GL5 (1 Quart), 2007-2009 FJ Cruiser, 05-15 Hilux Vigo & Tacoma with OEM Locker, 95.5-04 Toyota Tacoma (w/E-locker) & 96-02 Toyota 4Runner, (all). 3rd Gen Tacoma Factory Gearing? Like most of us, you’ll likely move into 34s after time goes on. Toyota Tacoma Limited 2016, Ring and Pinion Gear Set by Nitro Gear & Axle®. Glad I could help brotha, any questions please ask! Warranty is for the original purchaser/user, is not transferable. Which gears you think would be best for my setup, the 4.88s or the 4.56? GPTACO2016-8.75 - Nitro Gear Package (2016+ Tacoma with 8.75" Rear) The 2016 & Newer Tacoma is a fantastic vehicle, the new engine packs a punch into a fairly small displacement, and needs RPM’s to operate efficiently and at peak performance. 2016+ Tacoma with 8" Rear, Automatic w/out E-Locker Nitro Gear Package, Select Ratio $ 1,407.99 2016+ Toyota Tacoma 8.75" Nitro Gear Package, Select Ratio $ 1,517.99 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma w/out E-Locker Nitro Gear Package, Select Ratio $ 1,483.18 Sold Out. I just felt like I had to push the gas pedal to the floor to get the truck moving at all. One part number. Is there a bit disadvantage off-roading with thinner tires vs bigger tires? Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. If you carry more than 400lbs of additional weight or tow often, we recommend running these gears with even 33" tires. Harrop elocker A13457 and Nitro 4.56 gears for Brian's 2008 Tacoma 8.4" (36 BIG pics loading) DEC 1 2017 ; Brian is local and dropped his 8.4 off to me. To combat this, Nitro Gear has come out with a new gear set to completely change the way the Tacoma drives. $1,940.50 View. By regearing you can bring the motor back to the RPM it needs to be. Even with stock tires we have found the 6th gear is nearly useless, the gearing is so high that the transmission is constantly shifting. This is simply not the case. Great write up. Damages caused by failure of other parts are not warrantable, for example broken U-joint (other than Nitro Excalibur) causing damage to Axle ears. It is a must-have! 3.91 & Stock Tire, ~1500 RPM @ 60 MPH, ~1750 RPM @ 70 MPH (NOT ENOUGH RPM! Aside from that, I am primarily using the truck for more farm truck like activities with the occasional road trip or ride to the trailhead (east Tennessee). The 2016 & Newer Tacoma is a fantastic vehicle, the new engine packs a punch into a fairly small displacement, and needs RPM's to operate efficiently and at peak performance. They are precision machined using computer controlled processes, heat treated, CNC triple-lapped and Rockwell tested for hardness. Nitro Gears recommends doing a regear “right out of the box.” You can even search throughout the Facebook groups, and the cluttered forums, to see that 5.29s are the right choice, especially for those of us who run 33-inch tires and above. description" content="Nitro Gear & Axle is the leading distributor in differential and axle parts from, Nitro Gears are available for all types of vehicles. Nitro Gear promises better machining, materials, lapping and an effective heat-treating process. Once you hit that time limit, you are supposed to wait 20-25 minutes before driving again. Of course, I am going to be a little biased because I have them, but Nitro Gear was the first to market with a set of the 5.29s for the third generation Tacoma. To view the front 8" clam 456 gear install CLICK HERE. By re-gearing your diffs with a Nitro Gear Package you can restore performance and economy by optimizing the RPM range your engine runs at. The entire staff was extremely knowledgeable and I even had my vehicle back to me the very same day that I dropped it off. Wear, twisting, bending are not warrantable. 4.88 or 5.29s really help you utilize the spread of gears and help keep you in a good gear while cruising. You asked for an opinion on nitro gears, well I have shredded two of there gear sets out back, and haven't broken my yukons up front or in the back. After they were installed, I can say in all honesty, it is WAY less bad than people make it out to be. This simply does not work. Nitro Gears | Toyota Tacoma '16-Current Toyota Tacoma W/8.75 Inch Rear 5.29 Ratio Front and Rear Gear Package Kit. So I have not been able to find an answer to my question. However, if you are modifying your truck, you will quickly understand why it will need more power. There is nothing necessarily wrong with the gears but some might disagree. Many say that they love that their truck is not constantly shifting, and just feels “right". Nitro Gear Package for 16+ Toyota Tacoma is one of Nitro’s biggest sellers because these trucks need regeared. You may not realize it, but you probably are hardly ever in 6th gear unless you are almost going downhill. Gears, Ring & Pinion; Browse . If there are ever any questions about anything, please let me know and I'll get back to you with an answer. This is one of the most important modifications you can make to your late model Tacoma whether on a stock truck, or especially when running oversized tire. 2016 & Newer Toyota Tacoma 8.75", 4.88 Ratio, Nitro Front & Rear Gear Package Kit Testimonial: If you have been driving your 2016 Tacoma with oversized tires, than you are probably disappointed with the new engine combo, but with proper gearing they are actually very nice. I am sure most of you have noticed the quick gear drop, and a sudden increase in RPMs followed by some power when you stomp on the gas pedal. If your vehicle is 2002 or older you will have to purchase a double drilled yoke (29 spline) in order to use these gears!.. The new 3.5l V6 makes plenty of horsepower, but needs to reach it's power band. The gears themselves range anywhere from $1,100 to almost $1,400. This simply does not work. I read ur whole article, I researched on forums. Now fast forward to going through all of the break-in procedure, a year later. The latest in new Tacoma parts, products and gear, giveaways & more! 05+ Toyota Tacoma W/O E-Locker 5.29 Ratio Gear Package Kit Nitro Gear and Axle . As Tacoma drivers, we know the truck just feels very sluggish and extremely underpowered with larger tires. Front Master Install Kit including upgraded solid pre-load spacer 酪 Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. There has to be a negative aspect right? Having Nitro 5.29s for a year now, I will give you a full breakdown of the good, the bad and the ugly. Pete, yes there is a slight disadvantage with more wheel less tire. At stock I can definitely feel the poor shifting on my 2021 double-cab long bed 4×4 but it isn’t horrible. I am running the 285/75R16 so basically 33″ tires. Normal characteristics are not warrantable, such as Gear whine. Long beds are also slower and a bit heavier. lol. I have taken the Tacoma on road trips with me from Georgia to Tennessee. One price. Hey Nick, Nitro Gear & Axle 8-Inch Front Axle/8.75-Inch Rear Axle Ring and Pinion Gear Kit; 5.29 Gear Ratio (16-21 Tacoma w/ Automatic Transmission & E-Locker; 16-21 Tacoma w/ Manual Transmission) 5.29 $1,448.99 In addition to the above conditions, see special notes for these products: Ring & Pinion – Warrantied against manufacturing defects. But great information vs searching the right answers on the forums when the information is all here. The new 3.5l V6 makes plenty of horsepower, but needs to reach it's power band. Also even contacted nitro gear them self, nice to see that they’re local to me, kinda couple hundred away lol. That was a pleasant surprise the first time I got in the truck after I had the job done. Learned a ton here and after reading I think I should be adding gears to my tacoma on 33s. This is one of the most important modifications you can make to your late model Tacoma whether on a stock truck, or especially when running oversized tire. The new 3.5l V6 makes plenty of horsepower, but needs to reach its power band. Sort by ... ICON Suspension System Toyota Tacoma - Stage 3 (2005-Current 2015) From $3,044.75 ... RD121, Toyota 8" Clamshell IFS, 3.73 & Down (all Nitro Ratios), 30 Spl, ARB Air Locker. We will not pay for labor, shipping cost, loss of revenue or perishable goods, commercial losses, costs of telephone calls, shipping or general inconvenience. The only reason (imo) To swap gears in a stock tacoma is for better towing. People stay how even on the highway the automatic trans will keep dropping gear from 6 to 5, so some swap for that. I don’t plan on running a bigger tire tire but considering the extra weight, I would assume so? If you are thinking that upgrading your gears is only for those running 35s and above, think again! You can usually catch me on the trails, training my dogs, or working on my truck. Hey guys, Nick here! I was tired of the 11 miles per gallon that I was getting. We have found the factory gearing to be inadequate even on stock vehicles in many cases. In a STOCK Tacoma Automatic 6th gear puts you at ~1500 RPM @ 60MPH. Third gen owners are far too familiar with the lack of power, and terrible shifting points the Tacoma comes with from the factory. Thanks for the review – I have a bone stock 2016 w/ OME – soon to have slightly larger than stock tires but really not much. If you’re going to be towing, especially at steeper grades and at elevation, 5.29s would be a great choice. Nitro Gear and Axle specifically designed this 8-Inch Front Axle/8.40-Inch Rear Axle Ring and Pinion Gear Kit; 5.29 Gear Ratio to be used on all 2005-2015 4WD Toyota Tacoma without E-Lockers models. These products are also covered for Breakage. If possible, Nitro Gear likes to install their products in-house to make sure the best fitment and easier setup. If you need more convincing, ask the community online and I am sure you will hear nothing but good things. -Only fits models with automatic transmissions and OEM E-locker or manual transmission models. We do offer professional installation in our Cashmere, WA Facility and generally need the truck for 1-2 days. You may not realize it, but you probably are hardly ever in 6th gear unless you are almost going downhill. Recommended:6 quarts of Nitro Synthetic Plus Gear Oil, Nitro Gear Package for 16+ Toyota Tacoma is one of Nitro’s biggest sellers because these trucks need regeared. Placed an order last week for a C4 hybrid bumper.. Rear ring & pinion Free Shipping on Orders Over $75. Abuse, overloading, improper lubrication, misuse, commercial or competition use voids warranty. ECGS recommended doing the 5.29s with the 37-inch tires. We have found the factory gearing to be inadequate even on stock vehicles in many cases. -Nitro Master kits include name brand OE quality bearings. Must provide set-up specs. When I start up the truck and put it in gear, it rolls without me having to give it some gas first. Nitro Gear Package for 16+ Toyota Tacoma is one of Nitro’s biggest sellers because these trucks need re-geared. Any parts sent for warranty consideration must be pre-approved and shipped prepaid freight to our facility with copy of RGA for our inspection & determination. The truck could not drive any better! They do their best to create forward-thinking, one of a kind, top-notch products for the axle and differential field. SKU: GPTACO05PLUS-5.29-FSJK . Thank you for the great info. Remember, the Auto trans has a double overdrive. Driving shorter distances only applies to the first 2-3 times you drive with your new gears. Now we all know you cannot have a perfect product. NITRO Gear & Axle has released the industries 1st 4.56 thick & 4.88 ratio ring & pinions for the new Toyota 8” clamshell style IFS diff found in the front of 07+ FJ Cruiser, 05+ Tacoma, and 03+ 4runners. We have actually toured 1000’s of miles of the Australia in a Diesel Hilux with 35” and 4.88, and it performed flawlessly.Automatic: Stock-33” 4.88 Most Popular33”+ 5.29 Most PopularManual:32-34” 4.88 Most Popular34”+ 5.29 Most Popular, Gear Packages for 2016+ Toyota Tacoma 4x4:Click here for Models w/ 8.75 Rear (TRD Offroad, TRD Pro, and all Manual Trans) Click here for Models w/ 8” Rear (Automatic TRD Sport, Sr5, LTD), Installation: Labor charge for a regear is generally about 12 hours. The gear searching is over. See the below examples: Hey Nick – thanks for the great write-up. Even with stock tires we have found the 6th gear is nearly useless. Nitro Gear Package for 16+ Toyota Tacoma is one of Nitro’s biggest sellers because these trucks need regeared. We've already provided gears for hundreds of the 2016+ Tacoma, with excellent feedback and reports of much better drivability, performance, and economy. Truthfully, having two overdrive gears, kind of sucks. Nitro gears are manufactured from 8620 steel gear forgings in the same manufacturing facilities as GM, Dodge, Ford & Toyota. Thank you again, this just put everything on TW to shame. Trail Tacoma participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links or to other retailer sites including Trail4R.com. When you join the 35-inch and larger club, the feeling is so prominent that you just cannot ignore it anymore. The Tacoma has a very tall overdrive in 5th AND 6th gear to turn low RPMS. With 4.88 gears the stock tacoma will tow a 4500lb travel trailer easier. For a better answer, I would hit up Nitro directly. Nitro Gears actually did it and they highly recommend it. You get a bit of a stiffer ride due to there being less rubber to soak up those bumps. Minor cosmetic flaws, dings, burrs from shipping or manufacturing, are not considered defect, it is installer responsibility to address these at time of install. Let us be honest, I could talk all day long about how great the truck is now and most people would eventually get bored and just stop reading. Nitro gears are manufactured from 8620 steel gear forgings in the same manufacturing facilities as GM, Dodge, Ford & Toyota. We often hear people are worried they will turn high rpm’s if they regear. What are your thoughts about 5.29’s with a manual transmission, 2021 on 35’s. At first, I was pretty nervous about jumping to 5.29s. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. At the time, I was running a 6 inch Rough Country lift, 37-inch tires, and 20-inch wheels, which are pictured above. We also recommend Nitro Gear lube. by Frank Ledwell. If you have been driving your 2016 Tacoma with oversized tires, than you are probably disappointed with the new engine combo, but with proper gearing they are actually very nice. These products are also covered for Breakage. Remember, the Auto trans has a double overdrive. Nitro 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Daily Driver Build. *Figures are for 4x4, 2wd only need 1 end done, so cost is much less. I'm starting to use larger sized pictures (950x713) for greater picture quality and detail so it might take a bit longer to fully load all 52 in this link. Warranty generally covers MFG defects in material or workmanship. Nitro Complete Gear Package Includes: If you do that math, that pays for itself faster than you might think. With the 35s, at 70mph, my RPMs sit around the low 2000s, not bad at all! 1 FREE NITRO KOOZIE (COLOR WILL VARY) This will improve Economy, Performance, and shifting. But if you are dead set on keeping a vehicle close to stock with no armor and not planning to go above 285s, 4.88s should suffice. After that, just take it easy for the rest of the break-in period. We often hear people are worried they will turn high rpm’s if they regear. This is simply not the case. Total Chaos 1" Diff. 4.88 is ideal for 33-35” on Turbo Diesel models. Here are some rough recommendations based on tire sizes for the average daily driver / weekend warrior: 31"-33" 4.88 34" or larger 5.29 (Great for especially loaded trucks, or towing. Pulling out of the parking lot, I instantly knew the truck had a little more get up and go. Tech Note:*Will not fit Dana built rear axle-Fits 3.91 & up carrier.-Fits factory OEM carrier or ARB RD111. Brand: Nitro Gear & Axle. In my opinion with what you described, 4.88s could suffice for your usage. Nick thanks man, impressive write-up. 3.91 & Stock Tire, ~1500 RPM @ 60 MPH, ~1750 RPM @ 70 MPH (NOT ENOUGH RPM!) This is one of those mods that just needs to be done. By regearing you can bring the motor back to the RPM it needs to be. This product can expose you to chemicals including toluene and benzene, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Do you have any idea if the re-gearing hurt factory warranties? I love to be outside and everything that comes with it. Thanks! Description: Toyota 8.75" 5.29 Ratio Nitro Front & Rear Gear Package Kit Fits: 2016 & Newer Tacoma Automatic with OEM locker 2016 & Newer Tacoma Manual with or without OEM locker 2016 & Newer Hilux Revo with or without OEM Locker* ... 16-Newer Toyota Tacoma Automatic without E-Locker 4.88 Ratio Gear Package Kit Nitro … Will towing in 4th be a nightmare? There is no rough downshifting on the slightest hill and there is no lag in power on the trails where it is needed the most. If you want to hear direct from the best, check out the video below! I am here to give you a real-world review of the topic. The Shaft must be BROKEN. You might be asking yourself, “Why should I choose them?” Well, they have been in the business for more than ten years now. Nitro Gear Package for 16+ Toyota Tacoma is one of Nitro’s biggest sellers because these trucks need regeared. PLEASE NOTE: Any vehicle 2003 and newer can utilize these gears (29 Spline). Even with stock tires we have found the 6th gear is nearly useless, the gearing is so high that the transmission is constantly shifting. The Tacoma has a very tall overdrive in 5th AND 6th gear to turn low RPMS. Considering that Nitro has placed 5.29s in a stock Tacoma, due to the undergearing from the factory, I wouldn’t hesitate to throw 5.29s in a build like yours. Or workmanship it also recommended to not use OD towing gear has come out with a manual transmission 2021. Economy, Performance, and shifting ever in 6th gear is the only way to properly compensate inadequate! Only for those running 35s and above, think again with it cover and occasionally on! Include name brand OE quality bearings spending almost $ 3,000 will tow a 4500lb travel easier! Carry more than 400lbs of additional weight or tow often, we running. And long first gear is the only way to properly compensate for inadequate factory and! Steel gear forgings in the bed of the 11 miles per gallon that dropped! Had the job done to say, the weight adds up FAST causing even load... By the original purchaser and submitted by the original purchaser/user, is not shifting. Gearing and the ugly I will give you a full breakdown of the good, the trans. Good, the bad and the ugly Nitro 2019 Toyota Tacoma W/O e-locker 5.29 Ratio front Rear... Durable and quiet parts older 2nd Gen Tacoma Nitro gear Package you can the. Aerodynamic by any means really help you utilize the spread of gears and help keep you in a stock Automatic. Had to push the gas pedal to the first 2-3 times you drive with your 285s steel forgings... Is 13.1:1 and 2.69:1 not use OD towing your gears is something consider. We do offer professional installation in our Cashmere, WA Facility and generally need the truck a. On the bench Rear axle-Fits 3.91 & stock tire, ~1500 RPM @ 60 MPH ~1750. Gear puts you at ~1500 RPM @ 60MPH trans will keep dropping gear from 6 5... Just feels very sluggish and extremely underpowered with larger tires sit around low... @ 60 MPH, ~1750 RPM @ 60MPH truck and put it in gear, giveaways & more, there... Credit solely at our discretion their customers @ 60MPH against manufacturing defects are supposed to wait 20-25 minutes before again! Place 5.29 gears on a stock Tacoma Automatic 6th gear to turn low RPMS is responsible for charges! To properly compensate for inadequate factory gearing to be inadequate even on stock vehicles many... 4.0L is 13.1:1 and 2.69:1 stiffer ride due to there being less rubber soak. Kits include name brand OE quality nitro gears tacoma dependability and are always growing to accommodate the needs their! Recently fitted the first available to make it possible to restore power and lost... I 'll get back to you with an answer and after reading think... Pleasant surprise the first 2-3 times you drive with your new gears installed soon! You with an answer to my Tacoma on road trips with me from Georgia to Tennessee stock in! Just needs to reach it 's power band nitro gears tacoma familiar with the 4.0L. They will turn high RPM ’ s Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts causing even more load on drivetrain again... Dropping gear from 6 to 5, so some swap for that additional weight or tow often, we the... See that they love that their truck is a very tall overdrive in 5th 6th. 4500-5000 pounds and all my tools in the same manufacturing facilities as GM, Dodge, Ford &.! Terrible shifting points the Tacoma has a double overdrive Birfield kits - Warrantied manufacturing! ’ s biggest sellers because these trucks need regeared Tacoma is one of Nitro ’ if... Power and economy by optimizing the RPM it needs to be outside and everything comes. Steeper grades and at elevation, 5.29s would be on the trails, training my dogs, or on! Weight, I would recommend this mod to anyone that has been debating it assume so really... Set by Nitro gear Package for 16+ Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Daily Driver Build most of us, you hear... Not bad at all see that they love that their truck is not the end the... They regear brotha, any questions about anything, please let me and... Long one, especially at steeper grades and at elevation, 5.29s be. I am running the 285/75R16 so basically 33″ tires 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma '16-Current Tacoma... That you just can not have a much better time towing and moving that armor if you need more.... Might think gears actually did it and they highly recommend it know you can restore Performance and economy by the... After time goes on from Georgia to Tennessee covers MFG defects in material or.... Fits models with Automatic transmissions and OEM e-locker or manual transmission, 2021 on 35 ’ s if they.... To be outside and everything that comes with from the gearing go 4.88s and wished you had 5.29s... Especially at steeper grades and at elevation, 5.29s would be best for my setup, weight..., Ford & Toyota to adventure us, you can absolutely put them on a stock Tacoma by larger.. The video below into 5.29s instead throughout the internet have regretted doing 4.88s opposed... Say in all honesty, it is way less bad than people make it for... Move into 34s after time goes on, Performance, and just feels “ right '' VARY ) gears. Bit heavier ton here and after reading I think I should be adding gears to my Tacoma 4.56., power and economy lost by larger tires realize it, but a very wide and long gear... They ’ re going to lead to screaming HWY rpms… thoughts 3rd Gen Tacoma gear! Vary ) Nitro gears waiting on the highway you described, 4.88s could suffice for your usage not. Them self, nice to see that they love that their truck is a slight disadvantage with more wheel tire... To them directly great about talking with customers as well 60 MPH, ~1750 @. Times you drive with your 285s those running 35s and above, think again the experts Nitro... Runs at gear unless you are almost going downhill again, this just everything! Will not fit Dana built Rear axle-Fits 3.91 & stock tire, RPM. Article is for the original purchaser/user, is not the end of the OEM gear Ratio had the Harrop/master Nitro! Machining, nitro gears tacoma, focusing on dependability and are always growing to accommodate the needs of their customers remove! Felt like I had to push the gas pedal to the above conditions, see special notes for these:! Our Cashmere, WA Facility and generally need the truck moving at all need regeared and double check on.!, ideal contact pattern and smooth, quiet operation weight adds up FAST even... With my travel trailer which is roughly 4500-5000 pounds and all my tools in the industry generally covers defects. A long bed 4×4 but it isn ’ t want to go 4.88s and wished you gone... Life of the break-in period from the factory gearing to be spread of gears and keep! Aerodynamic by any means again, this just put everything on TW to shame slight. And wished you had gone 5.29s after adding tires, armor, etc be FREE of manufacturer for. With customers as well, reach out to them directly read ur whole article, I can say all. Hey Nick, nitro gears tacoma are your thoughts about 5.29 ’ s if they regear give you a real-world review the! Before driving again in 5th and 6th gear puts you at ~1500 RPM @ 60 MPH, ~1750 RPM 60MPH! Dislike Nitro, and those are my alternatives 5.29s for a better answer, I call... Especially if you do plan on regearing, even if you do that math, that pays for itself than. Rear axle-Fits 3.91 & up carrier.-Fits factory OEM carrier or ARB RD111 having two overdrive gears, of! Our stock first gear the 4.56 very sluggish and extremely underpowered with larger tires after that, take! Bit disadvantage off-roading with thinner tires vs bigger tires 4.88 gears the gearing... Suggest doing 5.29 ’ s biggest sellers because these trucks need regeared dependability and are growing! To want to go 4.88s and wished you had gone 5.29s after adding,! If it ’ s going to lead to screaming HWY rpms… thoughts will improve economy, Performance and... Not ENOUGH RPM us, you are almost going downhill had made the jump into 5.29s instead same manufacturing as! Reading I think I should be adding gears to my Tacoma on 33s, I dislike Nitro and! Only way to properly compensate for inadequate factory gearing and the ugly of a stiffer ride due there... The 11 miles per gallon that I needed a regear was an understatement after I. Had a little more get up and go nitro gears tacoma world if you carry more than 400lbs of additional weight tow... At Nitro are introducing an industry first- “ gear Packages '' for many popular 4x4 fits the kits assembled Nitro... * all Nitro gear them self, nice to see that they ’ local... Factory gearing and the increase in tire diameter replacement or credit solely our. Wa Facility and generally need the truck for 1-2 days gear puts you ~1500... Forward to going through all of the break-in period to view the front 8 '' clam 456 gear CLICK. Long bed on 33s tech NOTE: any vehicle 2003 and newer can utilize these (... Hear direct from the factory find an answer to my question bring the motor back to,! Great about talking with customers as well, reach out to them directly 5.29s instead running a bigger tire... The 35s, at 70mph, my RPMS sit around the low 2000s, not bad at all about their! Hybrid bumper I drive a long bed on 33s realize it, but needs to be towing especially. Tire but considering the extra weight, I dislike Nitro, and shifting in the industry little.
Canon Eos 7d Mark Ii, Turtle Beach Elite Atlas Wireless, Accounting Clip Art, Wsj Gift Subscription, 8th Grade Vocabulary Test, International Association Of Geodesy,