Easy Snickers Hand Pies 17. Currently unavailable. Hello, I loved this and so did my husband. I will be making these ASAP. Plus, it's full of protein and fiber! Will the dates also blend in a regular blender/smoothie maker or do you need a chopping machine? I really do think getting this to a smoothe consistency is the key. Thanks for another great recipe! Deep Dish Gooey Cookie Pie […] BTW do not have a food processor here so used blender and then then because it wasn’t too successful, turned everything into a Kitchenaid mixmaster and left it beating away for quite a while, maybe 5 mins. Just don’t. I follow Katie here in the world of food blogging as well, and her imagination and healthy sweet treats blows my mind on a weekly basis x. quick question. Would rather have the real thing that something like this. If you add walnuts, it's like a Tollhouse cookie pie, yum! mail. 4 cups double chocolate chip cookies (about 28 Tate's Bakeshop cookies), crushed; 1 stick of butter, melted; 12 ounces semisweet chocolate … Beans and unsweetened applesauce both have no points. I know, not the norm! The reactions are priceless but this comes HIGHLY recommended!!! Would you have an idea of what I could use as a substitute? I Like your recipe. Today is my son’s birthday and for the second year in a row, he requested this Gluten-Free Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie… Recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie, it’s a healthier version of the classic and it is so delicious!. 2 cans of butter beans, drained; 1 … Stir in shredded coconut, toffee bits, pecan pieces, and chocolate chips. The crazy thing about this recipe is that it tastes so decadent that no one believes it’s made with chickpeas, gluten-free oats and applesauce among other ingredients. Or something else? Everyone in my house enjoyed this! I just take a deep breath and have a small piece. I mixed all in bowl and added the chocolate chips. A few learnings: I would puree the dates first before adding almond milk in the food processor. I use Life is Good dairy free, nut free, chocolate chips. My mother in law asked me what was different in there and I told her dates and she said, ah, that's what I taste! Served to 5 other people they all like. However you can really add in whatever you’d like! I reviewing some of the reviews I noticed the comment about the Freestyle points coming up as 10, not 5 when  you enter in the nutrition values. Oh wow this looks so good. Can maple syrup be used in place of the dates? Some of them require some eyeballing of the wet ingredients so the dough isn't too dry, but once you make a couple, you totally get the hang of it. I've also added a few spoonfuls of peanut butter before, which I highly recommend. Any milk is fine, and I used the dark chocolate dairy free chocolate chips in mine too! But this one was a huge winner. facebook. so I try to avoid them. I haven't tried this myself, but maybe quinoa flakes or a combo of quinoa flakes and almond meal would work. It’s basically a chocolate chip cookie in a pie but a little more gooey. . When I calculate Points using the Nutrition information at the bottom of your recipe and when I use the recipe builder on the WW site, I get 10 points per serving for 14 servings and 5 points each if I change it to 28 servings (which is how I cut them as I found them quite large). This was one of those recipes that turned out a lot better than I expected. Husband loves it (haven’t disclosed the ingredients yet, haha!). . I don’t even blog on Saturdays but I had to tell you about this recipe. One of them even had seconds! ? Ingredients: 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened. I was so skeptical about it, I made a backup dessert just in case it made us all hurl. I ended up soaking the dates and rough chopping first then gradually added milk…worked fine then. Also…just a word of advice…don’t taste the batter. So good! Stir in chips and transfer to the prepared pan. As this Toll House Chocolate Chip Pie bakes, it forms almost a crackly top – and when you bite into your slice it’s dense and soft and fudgy with crunch from the chopped walnuts. What is even better than a warm chocolate chip cookie? So funny how mixed the reviews are, I think the key is making sure it's super smooth. Ingredients. If you’re only using the nutritional information, it is drawing calories, sugar, carbs, etc from the 0 point food list. By Esther Deutsch. so then I had to read the post… beans and chocolate… not sure I can get on biard with that… looks tasty though . Deep dish chocolate chip cookie pie? I’m getting 7 freestyle points in the recipe builder! This deep dish chocolate chip cookie pie is secretly good for you, but don't tell anyone! Also added an extra 1/2 c good quality chocolate chips on top when dish came out of oven, Yum! Yuck. I made it according to directions (used brown sugar instead of dates) but it never cooked all the way through. I’m not sure what I did wrong but the smart points per 1/14th piece came up as 10, not 6. You have such a talent and appreciate you sharing it? I love this recipe! I used garbanzo beans. I am about to some for breakfast! Spoon batter into prepared pie crust and smooth out to even. 15 oz cans white beans, drained and rinsed well, 500g total drained, chocolate chip cookie pie, Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie, giant chocolate chip cookie, healthy chocolate chip cookies, skillet chocolate chip cookie. Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. twitter. Add in the eggs and continue to beat. Update:  the pie was great tasting. I love CCK! I wouldn't make this again.I've had a lot of success with other recipes from this site, but this wasn't one of them…. The batter was good just hoping consistency comes out ok….still in oven��. Apparently you’re supposed to use fresh dates, not dried ones. I’ve admired Katie’s blog for years and have always been amazed by the sweets she dreams up and her healthy approach to making dessert. I have a recipe for a REAL chocolate chip pie with sugar and chips and oatmeal. Most of what I could taste was the beans and it did not taste good to me Going to try it again with sugar instead of dates to see if it makes a difference. You won't believe it's made with beans, dates and oats! However you can really add in whatever you’d like! …and I must add, I have never had to change one thing. Don't knock it until you try it. It was AMAZING!! the date flavor is strong. I'm not sure how that would effect this, I would say 1 1/2 cups like the sugar? I've made several of CCK's recipes with about 90% success rate (the other 10% is usually operator error). A soft, gooey, and secretly healthy deep dish cookie pie – with melted chocolate chips in each unbelievable bite! I do not know what you mean by a •1 stick of cold butter. Add in the chocolate chips. We used sugar instead of the dates and it was delicious (although not quite as healthy.) I made this last night, and it was a hit! I'd be skeptical, except I was skeptical FOREVER on the Amazing Black Bean brownies and missed out on a year or so of awesomeness. I used a ninja blender and I blended the bageezus out of it. It was mushy inside and did not taste good on it's own. I made this yesterday and it is DELICIOUS!!!! Are these fresh or dried dates or other? This looks so good! Made this. Thumbing through her book I wanted to make so many things, but I’m a sucker for chocolate chip pie, so I knew I wanted to try this. It did not cookwell, the inside was mushy instead of gooey and seemed like it did not cook enough but i left it an extra 10 mins after the maximum said time and it was starting to burn. Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. This recipe can also be made in muffin tins, btw, and it’s delicious! And yes, I change up the mix-ins — sometimes only chocolate chips, sometimes choc chips and peanut butter chips, and sometimes chopped candy bars or mini Hershey kisses or chopped PB cups! This looks so yummy!! Enter deep dish chocolate chip cookie pie. I was skeptical too but then remembered how much I love my brownies made with black beans! Looks incredible, and can't wait to read the cookbook~~. Holidays. While not the healthiest way to eat it, still better than most deserts. This site uses cookies to help provide the best user experience. Nutella Stuffed Deep Dish Cookie OR Apple Pie Deep Dish Skillet Cookie OR Peanut Butter Choc Chip Deep Dish Skillet Cookie (Low Fat)! While I've made this recipe of Katie's (I usually use brown sugar) and it really is delicious, it's been available on her blog for years. (it was pretty funny- wish I had a video) should I soak them in water first to soften? Splenda or Stevia of course could be used although I am not sure if it would be the same amount? A high speed blender like a Blendtec would work. This is a weird question but I have an odd reaction to oats (oatmeal, some types of granola, etc.) Count me in! Get Menu Ideas, Cooking Tips, Updates & More + Free Kitchen Helper Guide! Brownie Deep Dish Cookie Pie. This was delicious! I've never bought pitted dates before; do they come in a can? She has two versions, one with xylitol or sugar, and this more natural version using dates as a natural sweetener. Mine was still soft in the middle and I baked in glass dish for 10 minutes longer.. I didn't tell my husband or kids what it was made of (didn't even tell them it was healthy) just said its like a pizookie. Then read the recipe and was like "what?" You won’t believe it’s made with beans, dates and oats! Worth the wait! NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Pie features the sweet, creamy richness of a brown sugar base combined with chopped nuts and delicious chocolate morsels. If not, I might just have to make this and watch my husband love it with the joy of him not knowing how I made it . I just have to tell you – last year I found this on Chocolate Covered Katie's blog and made it for my best friend for her birthday…I made two (because of course, I had to try…) and brought in into work without telling the guys what was in it…it was so funny telling them what they were eating!! The cafetaria cookies are in no way, shape or form vegan. Blend the dates with the milk until smooth a high quality food processor until very smooth. Don't worry, it's not as fat as it sounds, I promise. I can remember her making this deep dish chocolate chip cookie pie a few times growing up. No need to be negative JoAnn if you aren't even going to try it. Wait til it’s baked lol. I”ve run this through the WW recipe builder several times and the pointed items in the recipe total 157 sp which based on 14 servigns would be 11 points per serving not 5. I topped this with a little fat free vanilla frozen yogurt but that’s completely optional. 1 tsp vanilla. Wish us luck! Deep-Dish Chocolate Cream Pie. I love dates but not with chocolate. Such a great alternative dessert. Thank you! The Best Chewy Brownies 18. 1/2 cup of flour creates a really gooey, dense chocolate chip cookie pie and 1 cup creates a more fluffier pie. Thank you so very much for sharing. Hope it taste good. This is DIVINE. OMG! This is delicious. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3 In a large bowl, beat the oil, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt on medium speed until well combined, about 2 – 3 minutes. I usually find them in a plastic container near the raisins! I’ll definitely be making this one again! I made this last night… And let me tell you! Thanks. If so, what quantity since it is liquid instead of solid? Gina, I don’t know how you do it but this is another wonderful recipe. Any ideas? Left in pan and they came out easily when cut. All I taste is the beans. The best part is it's all good quality, REAL food ingredients. Any suggestions? And I have most of the ingredients in my cupboards already. I want to make this for my son but he can't have the applesauce. Would this recipe taste as good if I substituted soy milk for the almond milk? I loved this recipe. This Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie is stuffed with a layer of gooey caramel and sprinkled with sea salt. Cast iron has always been a go-to tool in our kitchen, and it can come through in a big way when making chocolate chip cookies—namely, our new favorite deep-dish skillet cookie. I love the ooey, gooey under baked cookie consistency. That made it more cake-y but it was still very good, especially with some ice cream. This Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie has everything to satisfy your sweet cravings, with a nearly unbelievable twist.. it's actually Healthy. I have GF rolled oats on hand but not the instant. Because we liked it so much, I loaded it as a recipe on my WW page for easy reference. Oh it looks so good! 118#'s of THANK YOU TO YOU! Well,  I gave it a try and I don’t care for it. I've also played around with doubling the recipe, adding eggs, turning them into bar cookies. Brand: David's Cookies: Flavor: Chocolate Chip: Diet Type: Kosher: About this item Love, love your sight; down 112#'s with 18#'s to go. No eggs. Wasn’t sure and because there’s only 2 of us, halved the recipe. Banana Chocolate Chip Layer Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting 25. I made this today and had the same results as you. Not sure what I did wrong. This looks delicious and the best part is that I believe I have all the ingredients at home. I had the same issue. We ran into the problem of it being far to runny so I had to add some more oats and a little flour. Of course, the ONLY two food blogs I follow end up marrying up with each other! !” I’m doing just the chocolate chunks because I don’t like coconut and pecans are super expensive here. Went to print the recipe but it is not in English. Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie is an ooey gooey chocolatey mess of sweet heaven, only made better when served warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.. Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie is a super spectacular special treat in our family. It has the classic flavors – a sweet, buttery batter with chocolate chips and walnuts – but in pie form. This healthy deep-dish chocolate chip cooke pie is easy to make, gluten-free and tastes like a real cookie pie. Preheat oven to 350°F. Just made this and it was very good. Saw the photo, and was like yummy! Totally delicious. Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Topping, Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie, Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins with Glaze. This was shockingly good!! Wow! My outside parts were crunchy just like a cookie and the inside was soft but not mushy at all. This seems like it would work. Get new free recipes and exclusive content delivered right to your inbox: Your email address will not be published. I even had a brand new food processor I was able to use. This is totally worth it for 5 points, but 10 points is a completely different story and could totally effect my weight loss. Did beans separate. **Katie recommends a food processor, if all you have is a blender, blend in 2 batches until very smooth. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2020 Divas Can Cook, LLC 
 | Privacy Policy Discolsure Policy. This deep dish chocolate chip cookie pie is secretly good for you, but don’t tell anyone! Any thoughts??? Make this Creamy, Oh how I’m going to miss my normal Thanksgiving, Pssst...hey! I know you’re probably busy ove, Who has Baked Candied Yams on the #thanksgiving me, Tomato-Basil Pasta Salad w/ Cajun Chicken, Lemon Velvet Cake w/ Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting. ... sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips; and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cookie … Are there certain brands or methods that are reducing the points? I also follow WW and feel if the points are too high, then don’t eat it! Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. When I serve them at parties, I like to make the dessert completely over-the-top by baking the dough in a big baking dish, piling some ice cream in the middle, and passing out spoons for communal pigging out. Peanut Butter Pie with Chocolate Ganache 24. Just like with regular homemade chocolate chips cookies, you can change up the texture with this recipe by simply increasing or decreasing the flour. As does everything else on here, I have been using your site for a couple of years – keep the recipes up. Fat pants can stay in the drawer for this one. I didn't have enough dates so I used 1 1/2c brown sugar and omitted the almond milk (I checked over at CCK website and she didn't add any milk when using sugar in her recipe). Pour the batter into a greased round deep baking dish and bake uncovered, for 50 to 55 minutes. Will let you know. You know your cookbook is MY favorite! I used my vitamix to blend, and it heated up the cookie base so much that when I stirred in my chips they started melting…it may be more of a chocolate chip swirl.
Actinidia Pilosula Care, Akg K240 Vs Beyerdynamic Dt 880, Hottest Day In Ireland 2018, Bac Calculator How Long Until Sober, How To Join Technology Student Association, Charleston Psychiatry Website, Garnier Nutrisse Anti Brass Treatment Review,